PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
Information We Collect
Contact Information: We may collect the names and usernames of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
Payment Information: When you make a purchase, we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, check, PayPal account or gift card. Novo Home Furnishings & Decor will not store any of your credit card information nor will have access to it. All transactions are process via Shopify Secure SSL. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This compliance extends by default to all stores powered by Shopify.
Returns Information: When you return a product to our stores or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to provide your name, address, phone number and information that identifies you, such as your driver’s license.
Demographic Information: We may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age, gender or birthdate.
Location Information: We may collect location data from your IP address, and Our mobile websites and applications may collect location data from your mobile device.
Employment Information: f you apply for an employment opportunity, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as information contained in a resume, cover letter or similar employment-related materials, or any applicable pre-screening questions).
Other Information: We may collect any of the information or content that you provide through the Site. If you use the Site, we may collect information such as the type of browser and operating system you are using. We might also track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us. In our stores, we may use various systems, including cameras, to prevent fraud and promote security.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”. Novo Home Furnishings & Decor will not store any of your credit card information nor will have access to it. All transactions are process via Shopify Secure SSL. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. This compliance extends by default to all stores powered by Shopify.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During Site or survey registration
- In connection with an online or in-store purchase
- If you use an online forum, submit a question to us or provide us with comments or reviews or contact our office
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through our Site or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter
- If you register for a loyalty program or rewards programs
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, program, or giveaways
- If you request a quote, warranty or other information
- If you return a product or use a rebate
- If you request we send you an electronic copy of your in-store receipt
- If you apply or inquire about employment
- If you provide information through an Novo Home Furnishings & Decor mobile application
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of the Site
We collect information from you passively. We (including through the use of a third party service provider) may collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites when you use the Site. For example, we may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. We may also collect or receive information from our mobile applications and others’ applications.
We collect information from other sources. We may get information about you from third party business partners, like an updated address from a shipping vendor.
We collect information from our affiliates. We may get information about you from a company controlled by, or under common control with Novo Home Furnishings & Decor (“Affiliates”).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device. What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Novo Home Furnishings & Decor use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” Novo Home Furnishings & decor routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see advertisements, whether you made an edit to an article on the Service while logged out, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content for you and to remember how you’ve customized the Service in other ways, such as customizing the toolbars we offer in the right column of every page. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Novo Home Furnishings & Decor. This information may be shared with organizations outside Novo Home Furnishings & Decor, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Novo Home Furnishings & Decor, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Novo Home Furnishings & Decor, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
Click here to change your Cookie Preferences. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies. If you’d like to opt-out of such collection and use of data, please go to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer opt-out page here:
Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We also use the information we collect for our business purposes, including:
To respond to your questions and requests. Examples include fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt); administering your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, giveaways or other promotion or sending you prizes you might have won; registering you for a particular website, loyalty program, or extended warranty service or providing you with information regarding such programs or services; processing a return; or responding to a product or service review
To improve our products and services. We may use your information to make Site, mobile application, or product and service improvements and use that information to provide measurement services.
To look at website and mobile application trends and customer interests. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may also combine information we get from you with information about you we have received from third parties or publicly available sources to assess trends and interests.
For security and loss prevention purposes. We may use your information to protect our company, our customers, or the Site. For example, to screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, we might use cameras in our stores to track store traffic or our stock or otherwise administer our loss prevention program. We use information collected in the course of a merchandise return to process and track returns and to help detect and prevent fraud.
For our advertising and marketing purposes. We may send you communications about special Novo Home Furnishings & Decor promotions or offers via regular mail, email, webpush, SMS text messages or other electronic channels, including ads on social media platforms. We may also notify you of new Site features or product and service offerings. If permitted by applicable law, we may also send information about offers from our Affiliates and other companies we think you might find interesting. We may use information to deliver you marketing communications (including online ads) based on your interests. For example, if you view a product on the Site, you may see ads for that product on our or third-party websites and applications.
For employment purposes. We may use the personal information you provide in connection with a job application or related inquiry for the purpose of processing and responding to your application or inquiry.
For other uses we may disclose to you. We may also use personal information with your consent, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Email/SMS/Web Push - By providing your number and/or email, you electronically agree, that Firepush on behalf of Novo Home Furnishings & Decor may use automated means to send recurring mobile messages/emails. Additional mobile messages/emails may be sent periodically based on your interactions with us. Not more than 5 SMS messages or emails per week. MSG & data rates may apply. Reply STOP to unsubscribe or HELP or help. Alternatively, click the unsubscribe URL provided to unsubscribe.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We also share your personal information limited to only your full name, shipping address, billing address, email and phone number to our delivery partner when we ship your order to your home or business.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. We do not sell your personal information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European and Californian resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at Info@novohomefurnishings.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Novo Home Furnishings & Decor
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
7320 Ashcroft Dr. Ste. 305 Houston, TX 77081, United States
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents are entitled to the following disclosures:
- The business and commercial purposes for our collection and use of consumers’ personal information are set forth in Sections 4 and 5
- The categories of sources from which we collect personal information about consumers are set forth in Section 3
- The categories of third parties with which personal information about consumers is shared are set forth in Section 5
- We may retain personal information as required to comply with our legal obligations or as otherwise permitted or required under applicable law
California residents have the right to do the following:
- Request that we delete your personal information
- Request disclosure about the personal information collected about you, including the categories of personal information collected, the categories of sources of such personal information, the categories of personal information shared for business or commercial purposes, and categories of third parties that received your personal information
- Request access to specific pieces of personal information collected about you
- Request individualized disclosure about categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of recipients of such personal information
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights outlined herein. To make a request regarding your personal data, simply click here or please email us firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text us 626-598-3020.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools: You may be able to control the sharing of your device’s location information in the settings menu of your device. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies, though flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. Your mobile device may not give you the ability to control cookies. If you wish to block cookies on our mobile applications, you will need to delete the application from your mobile device. If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit the Site. If you configure to block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Browser "Do Not Track" signals: Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Our Sites and Children
Our websites and mobile applications are not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Sites, we will delete the information from our records. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please contact us immediately as indicated below.